We’re looking to add a Junior C++ Software Engineer who will enjoy a small, casual, high-productivity environment in will enjoy a small, casual, high-productivity environment in Kaunas, Lithuania. Candidate should have some real-world, hands-on experience with the software life cycle from requirements development to coding, to testing and QA.
Duties include: Software development, maintenance, and enhancement of billing and subscriber management applications, including equipment control, pay-per-view, web-enabled customer self-care, audio response technologies, conditional access control, credit card processing, SaaS development, and much more. Software is deployed on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or software engineering.
- Minimum of 1 year Software Engineering experience using:
- C++ and/or Embarcadero/Borland C++ Builder
- SQL Client/Server Applications
- Windows multi-threading
- Relational database tools
- TCP/IP Networking
Preference given to applicants who also have experience with:
- Firebird or InterBase RDBMS (including stored procedures and triggers)
- Embarcadero/Borland Delphi application development
- Understand principles of real-time communication
- Interfacing to remote application servers over various custom protocols (TCP/IP, SOAP, XML, RPC, Serial, SNMP) and developing Server Side
- Programming Experience with Windows (Linux is a plus)
- Development of billing or customer care software
- Software for cable, broadband, telecommunications, or utility industries.
- Candidates with cable operator or cable vendor experience preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide a rate history when you apply. Applications submitted without a rate history will not be considered.
While this position is classified as an independent contractor, it’s worth noting that if you add value to the organization, you will be given full-time, steady work. GLDS has never “laid off” a contractor.