We’re looking to add a Junior C++ Software Engineer who will enjoy a small, casual, high-productivity environment in North County, Coastal San Diego County. Candidate should have some real-world, hands-on experience with the software life cycle from requirements development to coding, to testing and QA.
Duties include: Software development, maintenance, and enhancement of billing and subscriber management applications, including equipment control, pay-per-view, web-enabled customer self-care, audio response technologies, conditional access control, credit card processing, SaaS development, and much more. Software is deployed on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or software engineering.
- Minimum of 1 year Software Engineering experience using:
- C++ and/or Embarcadero/Borland C++ Builder
- SQL Client/Server Applications
- Windows multi-threading
- Relational database tools
- TCP/IP Networking
Preference given to applicants who also have experience with:
- Firebird or InterBase RDBMS (including stored procedures and triggers)
- Embarcadero/Borland Delphi application development
- Understand principles of real-time communication
- Interfacing to remote application servers over various custom protocols (TCP/IP, SOAP, XML, RPC, Serial, SNMP) and developing Server Side
- Programming Experience with Windows (Linux is a plus)
- Development of billing or customer care software
- Software for cable, broadband, telecommunications, or utility industries.
- Candidates with cable operator or cable vendor experience preferred.
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please provide a salary history when you apply.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
- Retirement > 1:1 match up to 3% on Simple IRA
- Full healthcare > We pay 75% of healthcare expenses and offer 5 different healthcare insurance providers. Dental and vision plans are also available.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.