We’re looking to add a Jr. Desktop App Software Engineer who will enjoy a small, casual, high-productivity environment in Kaunas, Lithuania. Candidate preferably must be experienced with the complete software life cycle from requirements development to coding, to testing and QA.
Duties include: Software development, maintenance, and enhancement of billing and subscriber management applications, including equipment control, web-enabled customer self-care, conditional access control, credit card processing, SaaS development, and much more. Software is deployed on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or currently studying in this field)
- EU Citizen
- Verbal and written English
- Practical Software Engineering Experience using:
- C#, Delphi or Pascal
- SQL Client/Server Applications
- Relational database tools
Preference given to applicants who also have experience with:
- Firebird RDBMS development (front-end and back-end development)
- ReportBuilder Pro
- C++ and/or Borland’s C++ Builder
- SOAP, XML
- PHP, HTML web development a plus
- Development of billing or customer care software
- Software for cable, telecommunications, or utility industries
Candidate should we willing to learn new technologies. Candidates with broadband operator/developer experience preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide a rate history when you apply. Applications submitted without a rate history will not be considered.
While this position is classified as an independent contractor, it’s worth noting that if you add value to the organization, you will be given full-time, steady work. GLDS has never “laid off” a contractor.