GLDS seeks a seasoned Technical Support & Implementations Manager willing to work in sunny San Diego County. No, this isn’t a remote position and we expect that you’ll live within a a 30-minute commute of our Carlsbad office.
The Technical Support & Implementations team is responsible for ensuring GLDS customers receive maximum value from their investment in our products by providing them with expert technical assistance and best practices guidance. Some within this team are responsible for launching new customers, or additional products for existing customers.
The Technical Support Manager staffs, develops, oversees, and supports a team of Technical Support team members. The Manager acts as GLDS’ systems ambassador and liaison to the customer, and as the customer’s representative within GLDS for technical issues. They are the first point of escalation and empowered to resolve most customer issues. The Manager is also responsible for continuously improving business processes within the Technical Support & Implementations team.
Hands-on, recent experience with billing and customer management systems is desired, and back-office billing system configuration or administration is helpful. We prefer strong broadband/cable TV experience for this position.
We’re a nimble company that’s light on talk, and heavy on action. Many of our processes and procedures are undocumented and so the candidate must be prepared for a more dynamic approach to getting things done. Candidate must be flexible, thick-skinned and able to roll with the punches. This isn’t a position where you’ll be expected to execute SOP’s or govern from a rule book. The team, our customers, and the company style as a whole, are more about getting the job done, whatever it takes.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience managing a technical support, help desk, or customer service environment.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a broadband industry – Cable TV, DSL, IPTV, FTTH, including at least 2 years experience with a customer management, billing, or similar system.
- Must have either a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Preference given to applicants who have an average of 5 years or more at each previous job. The average GLDS employee has been here 9 years. No short-timers.
- Responsible for the management, mentoring, and development of employees on the Technical Support & Implementations team. Team members are based primary in Carlsbad with 2 located in remote offices in differing time zones.
- Accountable for operational results of team in terms of performance standards/metrics, customer satisfaction, and expenses. That said, this isn’t a “call center” and we’re looking for healthy employees, and healthy customers – not “number of cases closed within 10 minutes.”
- Serves as primary escalation point in resolving GLDS customer issues.
- Helps support correlation between customer needs and GLDS services and products.
- Analyzes high level customer problems with respect to technical, business, and operational areas of customer service and has responsibility for recommending GLDS product improvements relating to these issues.
- Drives the administration and execution of customer support programs, projects, and processes.
- Help maintain Technical Support as a differentiator that GLDS can leverage to win and retain accounts by ensuring the team delivers responsive, reliable and professional support.
- On occasion, and as needed, represents GLDS at industry events, and trade shows.
- Serve as a liaison between the support team and the Sales and Development organizations, bringing focus to critical customer situations, driving them towards resolution and keeping all stakeholders updated with status.
- On behalf of Technical Support, coordinates activities with personnel from Management, Sales and Development, to ensure all customer needs are met.
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
- Retirement > 1:1 match up to 3% on Simple IRA
- Full healthcare > We pay 75% of healthcare expenses and offer 5 different healthcare insurance providers. Dental and vision plans are also available.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.