GLDS seeks a Network Engineer / Systems Administrator willing to work in sunny San Diego County. Candidate will assist with network and systems maintenance for our SaaS-based software environment. Hands-on, recent experience with managing a relatively complex network and systems environment, including both physical and virtual systems. Candidate should be available Monday-Friday for 40 hours weekly and occasionally after hours to accommodate maintenance windows. This is a permanent position.
- Daily management of all aspects relating to networking and IT infrastructure of a private enterprise cloud.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbal and in written
- Ability to manage projects in a timely manner, or clearly anticipate and communicate project issues
- Ability to work with information system users under stressful conditions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and managers
- Support and Maintain Internal Network (Cisco, Sonicwall) and server Infrastructure (this includes both physical and virtual servers and backend storage systems)
- Knowledge of routing, load balancing protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc…)
- VPN tunnel setup and support
- Server Monitoring with Nagios (or equivalent)
- SNMP Monitoring, custom scripting
- Business Continuity via redundant paths
- Upgrade, patching and management of all networking equipment expected
- Where appropriate, ensure network redundancy/ reliability
- Architect security solutions to minimize threats to infrastructure and data
- Proactively identify, manage, and extinguish security threats
- Leads support for network administration duties and subject matter expert regarding projects
- Play a key role in managing network security (Firewalls, policies, audits, etc.)
- Conduct software and hardware evaluations, provide technical analysis and implement systems
- Manages the resolution of technical problems in a fast-paced environment
- Documents administrative procedures and configurations
- Provides technical leadership to other support team members
- Works closely with the Infrastructure and App support teams
- Works both independently and as a member of a team on moderately complex tasks
- Installation, Configuration and Managing XenServer Farm(v6.5+)
- Installation, Configuration and Managing Citrix XenApp Farm(v6.5+)
- Knowledge and work Experience on Citrix Provisioning Server, Citrix Web Interface, Citrix Netscaler with Access Gateway, handling Citrix Issues/Citrix User Issues Citrix Xen app client Issues
- Installation/Configuration/Managing of Microsoft Exchange
- Installation/Configuration/Managing of Linux OS (SUSE, RHEL) & Apache
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information technology, computer networks or a related field
- 4 years of progressively responsible information technology in the Network operations/helpdesk environment
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Network equipment and technology
- Experience managing Linux, Windows Servers, Active Directory
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
- Retirement > 1:1 match up to 3% on Simple IRA
- Full healthcare > We pay 75% of healthcare expenses and offer 5 different healthcare insurance providers. Dental and vision plans are also available.
- Flexible Spending Account (Federal FSA)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Paid Life Insurance