We’re looking for a seasoned Networking and Systems Engineer for our Carlsbad, California office. Hands on experience with Broadband networking including installing, configuring, training, and supporting analog, digital, conditional access systems, home networking, VOD, VoIP, and cable modem platforms is preferred. Strong networking and technical skills are a must! Candidate must be hard working, focused, flexible, thick-skinned, and able to roll with the punches.
Duties include: Perform remote and on-site product implementation, troubleshoot, configure, and train on our broadband provisioning platform. Travel should average about 25% but may occasionally flex as high as 50%, as needed. Candidate must have strong project management skills and be able to work customer issues until they are resolved. When you’re not implementing our systems, or managing customer projects, you’ll be providing top-notch support for our broadband service provisioning and control systems.
Positive attitude, attention to detail, strong project management, excellent customer service, computer, and telephone skills required. Be ready to attack your work and hold stakeholders accountable for deliverables and timelines. Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% on rare occasions, much more likely will be 20% to 30% on a regular basis. Must be articulate, flexible, well-organized, thick-skinned and able to roll with the punches.
- Strong networking skills with the ability to troubleshoot across disparate networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS/IT concentration, or significant related experience.
- Experience with installing, troubleshooting and support software products.
- Experience installing, configuring, supporting and training on any of the following systems/networks is desired but not required:
- Motorola DAC-6000 Digital
- Enablence / Wave7 / Aurora
- Jerrold (ACC and AH Series)
- Scientific Atlanta Analog/Digital
- Tandberg (VOD)
- SeaChange (VOD)
- Arris (VOD)
- DOCSIS Cable Modems
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
- Retirement > 1:1 match up to 3% on Simple IRA
- Full healthcare > We pay 75% of healthcare expenses and offer 5 different healthcare insurance providers. Dental and vision plans are also available.
- Flexible Spending Account (Federal FSA)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Paid Life Insurance