*STOP* GLDS is unable to provide Visa sponsorship either now, or in the future.
GLDS provides the leading customer management, billing, and service delivery software solutions for the broadband internet market. We create, install, and then support some of the most popular business-to-business solutions for the broadband market. With a global footprint, our solutions have been installed in 48 countries and 49 US states. We’re a modest, very stable organization that’s poised for growth. We’re looking for someone with experience helping structure, and then scale, our technical support and implementation team.
We’re a nimble company that’s light on talk, and heavy on action. Many of our processes and procedures are undocumented, giving way for opportunity to bring standardization and processes to our successful actions and key deliverables.
What you’ll do
Exclusively and independently manage 3-5 simultaneous data conversion projects from source data to our SQL-based broadband customer management, billing, and service delivery platform.
Candidate will be responsible for complete life cycle, from initial data analysis as to presence / absence of required information in the data provided, to the subsequent mapping to established tables, to test conversions, to final conversion and migration of source date into a production system.
What you’ll have
We’re looking for a seasoned data conversion specialist/analyst. Experience with customer management systems, billing systems, or broadband are a big plus.
- At least 3 years’ experience in TRANSFORMING and CONVERTING (not analyzing/reporting) data including SQL scripting / procedures, troubleshooting techniques, and database design.
- Proficiency with scripting languages (.bat, .cmd, .ps1, .scp, etc.) and strong Excel skills including experience with complex macro
- Demonstrated ability to process and manipulate data using SQL scripting & cursors.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
- Experience with C/C++ programming languages a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Excellent communication, project management and analytical skills.
- Perfect (native quality) English skills.
- Detail oriented with impeccable follow-through.
- Strong troubleshooting, triage, and critical thinking skills.
- Keen emotional intelligence and an ability to work with a variety of people/personalities.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and ability to manage competing priorities
- Analytical and logical decision making
- Enjoys problem solving
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Critical thinker
Passion, creativity, and integrity are critical to our success as a team, our people are at the center of it all. We believe that each of us plays a key role in delivering exceptional customer service to our clients, and that our success is reliant on our exceptional culture and team centric environment.
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
What we offer
- “Family” Style Company Culture
- Business Casual Work Attire
- Gorgeous Office Minutes from The Beach
- Generously Appointed Kitchen Stocked with Snacks & Beverages
- Career Development and Mentoring
- Company Subsidized Health Insurance
- IRA Retirement Plans – Company Match Offered
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Corporate Holidays
What to expect
The interview process for successful candidates will be a phone interview followed by a virtual interview, with a final in-person interview in our Carlsbad, CA (or other local) office. References will be requested.
The legal stuff
This position is open to U.S. Citizens; work authorization sponsorship is not available at this time. GLDS does not accept unsolicited resumes and/or services from agencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GLDS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.