At GLDS, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the timely, effective, and efficient implementation of GLDS software-based solutions. The Project Manager is the primary liaison between GLDS subject matter experts and the customer. They will leverage GLDS resources as they lead the implementation of GLDS broadband management systems for new broadband service provider customers.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple projects. They ensure project scope is defined, create, and manage the project plan, create, and deliver status reports to internal and external project stakeholders and provide direction to all members of the team. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the project goals are accomplished, and client needs are met within the established timeline and budget.
- Provide all project management services for project implementation, including project planning, resource planning & management, communication plan, risk analysis, securing support needed from subject matter experts, other departments, project budgeting and business consulting.
- Provide a consistent approach for managing the software implementation lifecycle.
- Prepare and track all formal project correspondence to and from the customer and distribute relevant information to management and the project team as applicable.
- Prepare and deliver project presentations and project status reports to prospects, customers, and internal GLDS staff.
- Proactively identify potential risk areas and guide customer in risk management and mitigation for entire implementation plan.
- Oversee the investigation, review and resolution of client-escalated issues as required.
- Direct, lead and mentor members of the project team, including various levels of software consultants.
- Assist sales team with pre-sales support to construct project budgets and convey the overall project management methodology to prospective customers.
- Facilitate regular project meetings including meetings with internal team members and customer representatives as needed.
- Develop standardized processes for small projects, which may not require full project management resources, to ensure successful outcomes for smaller customer projects.
- Minimum of two (2) years formal project management experience in a technology environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- Experience with providing presentations to customers and prospects.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills, anticipating and solving issues before they occur or become critical.
- Ability to establish and grow strong relationships with customer’s project team and sponsors.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage and track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills, especially conveying complex information in an understandable manner.
- Overnight travel as needed, as much as 30%.
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint – or similar project management tools.
Desired, but not Required:
- Two (2) years exposure to accounting, billing, or broadband management software.
We’re a team-oriented company and everybody pitches in to make the customer happy! Every employee is a key person; we’ve never had a layoff in our company’s history. Dress code is San Diego casual. Work conditions include a gourmet kitchen and a distinctly “family” environment. Several of our employees have reached their 20-year anniversaries. This is NOT a call center and we’re looking for a full-time, permanent addition to our team.
Passion, creativity, and integrity are critical to our success as a team, our people are at the center of it all. We believe that each of us plays a key role in delivering exceptional customer service to our clients, and that our success is reliant on our exceptional culture and team centric environment.
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
What we offer
- “Family” Style Company Culture
- Business Casual Work Attire
- Gorgeous Office Minutes from The Beach
- Generously Appointed Kitchen Stocked with Snacks & Beverages
- Career Development and Mentoring
- Company Subsidized Health Insurance
- IRA Retirement Plans – Company Match Offered
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Corporate Holidays
What to expect
The interview process for successful candidates will be a phone interview followed by a virtual interview, with a final in-person interview in our Carlsbad, CA (or other local) office. References will be requested.
The legal stuff
This position is open to U.S. Citizens; work authorization sponsorship is not available at this time. GLDS does not accept unsolicited resumes and/or services from agencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GLDS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Birmingham, Alabama USA Jobs
- Nothing available at this time.
Kaunas, Lithuania Jobs