GLDS seeks a seasoned Technical Support & Implementations Manager willing to work in sunny San Diego County. No, this isn’t a remote position and we expect that you’ll live within a a 30-minute commute of our Carlsbad office.
The Technical Support & Implementations team is responsible for ensuring GLDS customers receive maximum value from their investment in our products by providing them with expert technical assistance and best practices guidance. Some within this team are responsible for launching new customers, or additional products for existing customers.
The Technical Support Manager staffs, develops, oversees, and supports a team of Technical Support team members. The Manager acts as GLDS’ systems ambassador and liaison to the customer, and as the customer’s representative within GLDS for technical issues. They are the first point of escalation and empowered to resolve most customer issues. The Manager is also responsible for continuously improving business processes within the Technical Support & Implementations team.
Hands-on, recent experience with billing and customer management systems is desired, and back-office billing system configuration or administration is helpful. We prefer strong broadband/cable TV experience for this position.
We’re a nimble company that’s light on talk, and heavy on action. Many of our processes and procedures are undocumented and so the candidate must be prepared for a more dynamic approach to getting things done. Candidate must be flexible, thick-skinned and able to roll with the punches. This isn’t a position where you’ll be expected to execute SOP’s or govern from a rule book. The team, our customers, and the company style as a whole, are more about getting the job done, whatever it takes.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience managing a technical support, help desk, or customer service environment.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a broadband industry – Cable TV, DSL, IPTV, FTTH, including at least 2 years experience with a customer management, billing, or similar system.
- Must have either a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Preference given to applicants who have an average of 5 years or more at each previous job. The average GLDS employee has been here 9 years. No short-timers.
- Responsible for the management, mentoring, and development of employees on the Technical Support & Implementations team. Team members are based primary in Carlsbad but three are located in remote offices, in differing time zones.
- Develop discipline and structure around support and implementation processes to ensure quality and consistency of customer experience, as well as improve internal support efficiency.
- Will likely be responsible for providing in-house, end-user training for GLDS users once every other month.
- Accountable for operational results of team in terms of performance standards/metrics, customer satisfaction, and expenses.
- Serves as primary escalation point in resolving GLDS customer issues.
- Helps support correlation between customer needs and GLDS services and products.
- Analyzes high level customer problems with respect to technical, business, and operational areas of customer service and has responsibility for recommending GLDS product improvements relating to these issues.
- Drives the administration and execution of customer support programs, projects, and processes.
- Help maintain Technical Support as a differentiator that GLDS can leverage to win and retain accounts by ensuring the team delivers responsive, reliable and professional support.
- On occasion, represents GLDS at industry events, and trade shows.
- Serve as the liaison between Technical Support, Product Management and Development to ensure a well-documented, well-trained transition of new features/products for deployment and support. This effort will include internal training of all Tech Services personnel.
- Together with Support Staff, develop and conduct periodic webinars to introduce customers to new WinCable features and/or functionality changes.
- Together with Documentation, develop and maintain internal knowledge-base of product information to be used by Technical Services in resolving support incidents.
- Together with Documentation, Develop and maintain external knowledge-base of product information to be used by GLDS customers to minimize support incidents.
- Responsible for coordinating, assigning and monitoring all professional services, implementation and customer project work.
- Responsible for assessing and assigning all email-based request for technical support – triage.
- Together with Support Staff, maintain internal support and sales BroadHub, and related module, platforms for demonstration, training and testing use.
We’re a team-oriented company and everybody pitches in to make the customer happy! Every employee is a key person; we’ve never had a layoff in our company’s history. Dress code is San Diego casual. Work conditions include a gourmet kitchen and a distinctly “family” environment. Several of our employees have reached their 20-year anniversaries. This is NOT a call center and we’re looking for a full-time, permanent addition to our team.
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
- Retirement > 1:1 match up to 3% on Simple IRA
- Full healthcare > We pay 75% of healthcare expenses and offer 5 different healthcare insurance providers. Dental and vision plans are also available.
- Flexible Spending Account (Federal FSA)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Paid Life Insurance
Birmingham, Alabama USA Jobs
- No positions available at this time.