We’re looking for a recent (or soon to be) college grad who is interested in an entry-level position installing, configuring, training and launching add-on software modules for our best-of-suite broadband customer management, billing and service delivery platform. You’ll also provide technical support on modules as you learn them, with the expectation that, over several years, you’ll become an expert on our solutions.
We’re looking for someone with a healthy respect for both the business and technical side of software with a degree in one field or the other, and strengths in both. Maybe a major in one, and minor in the other?
We’re a small, but very stable tech company located in Carlsbad, a few miles from the beach. We’ve seen slow, but consistent, growth over our 40-year history. With headquarters in Carlsbad, the office environment’s cool with floor-to-ceiling windows throughout, a full kitchen, stand-up/sit -down desks, free snacks and drinks, and the benefits you’d expect from your average small tech company.
That said, be prepared to dig in and get your hands dirty. Everyone here wears multiple hats and there’s no such thing as “not my job.” You won’t find ping pong tables, hourly massages or car wash Thursday. Be realistic about what a profitable company looks like. We’ve never had a layoff in our 40-year history. Candidate must be articulate, flexible, thick-skinned and able to roll with the punches.
We know you’re new to the workforce, new to the industry, and new to GLDS. We get it, but don’t expect to be coddled.
- We expect you to take responsibility for your work, start to finish.
- We expect you to ask questions when you don’t understand
- We expect you to attack your work, work hard, and work with others well.
- We expect you to treat our customers like gold.
- We expect you to come to work every day happy, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic, grateful that you have a job. In turn we will be grateful for both your individual and team contributions.
Duties include: Candidate will provide expert level, friendly customer service to GLDS software users (including broadband customer service representatives, billing system managers, accountants, I.T. staff and corporate management). Candidate should be familiar with traditional cable television, Internet service delivery, and with the concepts of billing and customer management. Positive attitude, attention to detail, project management, excellent customer service, computer, and telephone skills required. You’ll be working with customers by phone, and email and you’ll mange short term support cases, as well as long-term projects.
Growth Track: likely leads to a role as an Implementation Specialist installing our core platform for broadband service providers worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in computers/software, business, or both. Graduating college seniors okay.
- Experience with, troubleshooting and supporting software products, or some other technical product, is helpful but not required.
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
- Retirement > 1:1 match up to 3% on Simple IRA
- Full healthcare > We pay 75% of healthcare expenses and offer 5 different healthcare insurance providers. Dental and vision plans are also available.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.