We’re looking to add an experienced C++ Software Engineer who will enjoy a small, casual, high-productivity environment in North County, Coastal San Diego County. Candidate must be experienced with the complete software life cycle from requirements development to coding, to testing and QA.
Duties include: Software development, maintenance, and enhancement of billing and subscriber management applications, including equipment control, pay-per-view, web-enabled customer self-care, audio response technologies, conditional access control, credit card processing, SaaS development, and much more. Software is deployed on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in CS or software engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ Software Engineering Experience using:
- C++ and/or Embarcadero/Borland C++ Builder
- SQL Client/Server Applications
- Windows multi-threading
- Relational database tools
- TCP/IP Networking
Preference given to applicants who also have experience with:
- Firebird or InterBase RDBMS (including stored procedures and triggers)
- Embarcadero/Borland Delphi application development
- Understand principles of real-time communication
- Interfacing to remote application servers over various custom protocols (TCP/IP, SOAP, XML, RPC, Serial, SNMP) and developing Server Side
- Programming Experience with Windows (Linux is a plus)
- Development of billing or customer care software
- Software for cable, broadband, telecommunications, or utility industries.
- Candidates with cable operator or cable vendor experience preferred.
Passion, creativity, and integrity are critical to our success as a team, our people are at the center of it all. We believe that each of us plays a key role in delivering exceptional customer service to our clients, and that our success is reliant on our exceptional culture and team centric environment.
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
What we offer
- “Family” Style Company Culture
- Business Casual Work Attire
- Gorgeous Office Minutes from The Beach
- Generously Appointed Kitchen Stocked with Snacks & Beverages
- Career Development and Mentoring
- Company Subsidized Health Insurance
- IRA Retirement Plans – Company Match Offered
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Corporate Holidays
What to expect
The interview process for successful candidates will be a phone interview followed by a virtual interview, with a final in-person interview in our Carlsbad, CA (or other local) office. References will be requested.
The legal stuff
This position is open to U.S. Citizens; work authorization sponsorship is not available at this time. GLDS does not accept unsolicited resumes and/or services from agencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GLDS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.