GLDS seeks a Documentation Contractor / Tech Writer for a short-term (3-4 month) contract position in sunny San Diego County. This can be a part-time or full-time position depending on your availability. The position is located at our Carlsbad offices and you must be available to work from that location – no remote relationships. Candidate will have significant experience with software documentation, created in Microsoft Word and help files created with Help and Manual although the latter is not a requirement. Experience documenting software development process is a plus!
- Develop, update and maintain software and process documentation, and related help, files for our broadband billing, customer management and service delivery software.
- Work collaboratively with all departments, but primarily between development and support, to ensure clear, accurate documentation of product functionality, development processes, and implementation processes.
Work in a team environment with significant opportunities for input into a world-class product used by hundreds of broadband service providers worldwide. GLDS is a close-knit group of dedicated software professionals. Our goal is to work together to keep our customers happy!
Dress code is San Diego casual. Work conditions include a gourmet kitchen and a distinctly “family” environment.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years in a software documentation role.
- Excellent project management, oral and written communication skills are essential.
- In-depth understanding of technical issues, software, computer architecture, and customer service practices and the ability to document the same.
- In-depth understanding of concepts related to the cable television, ISP, or broadband industries, or billing services, is HIGHLY DESIRABLE but not required. Software documentation experience is a must!
- Experience with, or exposure to, software architecture, UML Diagramming, Development Processes, Communication Diagrams, Data Flows, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Business Process, Class diagrams helpful but not required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field.
When applying, please provide pay requirements, and relevant work samples.
Passion, creativity, and integrity are critical to our success as a team, our people are at the center of it all. We believe that each of us plays a key role in delivering exceptional customer service to our clients, and that our success is reliant on our exceptional culture and team centric environment.
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
What we offer
- “Family” Style Company Culture
- Business Casual Work Attire
- Gorgeous Office Minutes from The Beach
- Generously Appointed Kitchen Stocked with Snacks & Beverages
- Career Development and Mentoring
- Company Subsidized Health Insurance
- IRA Retirement Plans – Company Match Offered
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Corporate Holidays
What to expect
The interview process for successful candidates will be a phone interview followed by a virtual interview, with a final in-person interview in our Carlsbad, CA (or other local) office. References will be requested.
The legal stuff
This position is open to U.S. Citizens; work authorization sponsorship is not available at this time. GLDS does not accept unsolicited resumes and/or services from agencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GLDS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.