GLDS seeks a Documentation Contractor / Tech Writer for a short-term (3-4 month) contract position in sunny San Diego County. This can be a part-time or full-time position depending on your availability. The position is located at our Carlsbad offices and you must be available to work from that location – no remote relationships. Candidate will have significant experience with software documentation, created in Microsoft Word and help files created with Help and Manual although the latter is not a requirement. Experience documenting software development process is a plus!
- Develop, update and maintain software and process documentation, and related help, files for our broadband billing, customer management and service delivery software.
- Work collaboratively with all departments, but primarily between development and support, to ensure clear, accurate documentation of product functionality, development processes, and implementation processes.
Work in a team environment with significant opportunities for input into a world-class product used by hundreds of broadband service providers worldwide. GLDS is a close-knit group of dedicated software professionals. Our goal is to work together to keep our customers happy!
Dress code is San Diego casual. Work conditions include a gourmet kitchen and a distinctly “family” environment.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years in a software documentation role.
- Excellent project management, oral and written communication skills are essential.
- In-depth understanding of technical issues, software, computer architecture, and customer service practices and the ability to document the same.
- In-depth understanding of concepts related to the cable television, ISP, or broadband industries, or billing services, is HIGHLY DESIRABLE but not required. Software documentation experience is a must!
- Experience with, or exposure to, software architecture, UML Diagramming, Development Processes, Communication Diagrams, Data Flows, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Business Process, Class diagrams helpful but not required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field.
When applying, please provide pay requirements, and relevant work samples.
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
- Retirement > 1:1 match up to 3% on Simple IRA
- Full healthcare > We pay 75% of healthcare expenses and offer 5 different healthcare insurance providers. Dental and vision plans are also available.
- Flexible Spending Account (Federal FSA)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Paid Life Insurance
Birmingham, Alabama USA Jobs
- No positions available at this time.