GLDS seeks a full-time Documentation / Tech Writer for a position in sunny San Diego County. The position is located at our Carlsbad offices and you must be available to work from that location – no remote relationships. Candidate will have significant experience with software documentation, preferably created in Microsoft Word and help files created with Help and Manual although the latter is not a requirement. Experience creating end-user software user documentation is a must!
To make sure GLDS’ most complex information is easily and clearly understood. The goal of the technical writer will be to break down the complexities of our products and how they work to get the readers (developers, support staff, management, and customers) on the same page. The mission? To make processes easy to understand and products a breeze to use. Clear instruction is vital.
- Develop, update, and maintain software and process documentation, and related help, files for our broadband billing, customer management and service delivery software.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience that sets the readers up for success.
- Research, create, and maintain documentation style templates that uphold organizational standards, and allow for easy comprehension of the content.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Maintain a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Work collaboratively with all departments, but primarily between development and support, to ensure clear, accurate documentation of product functionality, development processes, and implementation processes.
Work in a team environment with significant opportunities for input into a world-class product used by hundreds of broadband service providers worldwide. Our goal is to work together to keep our customers happy! Dress code is San Diego casual. Work conditions include a gourmet kitchen and a distinctly “family” environment.
- Minimum 2 years in a software documentation role.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze complex information will be critical, and you will need to have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
- In-depth understanding of technical issues, software, computer architecture, and customer service practices and the ability to document the same.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Understanding of concepts related to the cable television, ISP, or broadband industries, or billing services, is HIGHLY DESIRABLE but not required.
- Excellent project management, oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field.
When applying, please provide pay requirements, and relevant work samples.
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
- Retirement > 1:1 match up to 3% on Simple IRA
- Full healthcare > We pay 75% of healthcare expenses and offer 5 different healthcare insurance providers. Dental and vision plans are also available.
- Flexible Spending Account (Federal FSA)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Paid Life Insurance
Birmingham, Alabama USA Jobs
- No open positions