We’re looking to add an experienced SQL Developer who will enjoy a small, casual, high-productivity environment in Kaunas, Lithuania. Candidate must be experienced with the complete software development life cycle from requirements development to coding, to testing, to documentation and QA, while working with Relational Databases. You will work with development teams building new and modifying existing enterprise systems based on Firebird SQL server and a variety of front-ends including PHP, JS, Delphi, C++ and etc. You will also be able to contribute to developing and refining internal database development frameworks and standards.
Duties include: Software development, maintenance, and enhancement of billing and subscriber management applications, including web-enabled customer self-care, audio response technologies, equipment control, credit card processing, workforce management, SaaS development, and much more. Software is deployed on both Windows and Linux platforms. Daily activities also to include:
- Developing Business Logic
- Writing, documenting, modifying, improving and troubleshooting: SQL statements, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Database schemas
- Understanding and documenting relationship between multiple databases and applications
- Covering business logic with automated testing scripts
- Tuning DB performance, optimizing SQL Plans and indices
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in CS/Software Engineering or Mathematics
- EU Citizen
- Verbal and written English
- Excellent knowledge and experience in SQL
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ Software Engineering Experience using:
- SQL Client/Server Applications
- Relational database tools
- Preference given to applicants who also have experience with:
- Firebird RDBMS development (back-end and front-end development)
- Delphi, ReportBuilder
- C#, ASP.NET
- C++ and/or Borland’s C++ Builder
- SOAP, XML, REST
- PHP, HTML web development a plus
- Development of billing or customer care software
- Software for cable, telecommunications, or utility industries
Preference given to applicants who have an average of 3 years or more in previous positions. Candidates with broadband operator/developer experience preferred.
- Excellent working conditions in an international company
- Attractive and competitive rewards
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent working atmosphere
- Team of professionals who will be able to draw on your knowledge and get helpful advice.
- Working on interesting and innovative solutions
- Continuing professional development opportunities
- Company lunch, snacks and drinks, etc.
- A place to park the car