We’re looking for an entry-level Regional Sales Associate for our Birmingham, Alabama office; someone who presents themselves professionally both in-person and over the phone. Smart, tech-minded and a solid work ethic are important. You’ll work closely with our Director of Business Development to turn over rocks and look for opportunities to solve customer problems with GLDS software and solutions. Expect heavy research and customer outreach – phone and email. This is NOT a call center where the more people you call the better your results. You’ll invest time in researching companies and contacts, identifying opportunities, and you’ll be smart about your engagements.
- Discover, research, and cultivate new opportunities and determine candidacy for GLDS suite of products and services throughout North America.
- Assist in Managing new leads through the sales cycle from discovery to close.
- Maintain detailed pipeline and account information for tracking and reporting.
- Represent GLDS at select trade events and shows as needed. (limited)
Important Candidate attributes include:
- Flexibility: Able to remain open-minded and change opinions based on new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and can change focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions effectively from task; adapts to varying customer needs.
- Initiative: Self-starter. Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; transforms leads or ideas into productive business outcomes; undertakes additional responsibilities and responds to situations as they arise without supervision.
- Decision Making: Able to solve problems while exhibiting good judgement and a realistic understanding of issues; uses reasons, even when dealing with emotional topics, reviews facts and weighs options.
- Communication: Clearly conveys information through a variety of media (verbal, written, e-mail, voicemail, etc.) in a way that engages the audience and helps them understand and remember the message; listens well.
- Self-Development & Continuous Learning– Stays informed of current industry trends; actively identifies opportunities for learning; learns and applies new concepts to improve job performance; shares information with others on the job; takes responsibility for career development.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or a related discipline. College seniors are also invited to apply.
Passion, creativity, and integrity are critical to our success as a team, our people are at the center of it all. We believe that each of us plays a key role in delivering exceptional customer service to our clients, and that our success is reliant on our exceptional culture and team centric environment.
Employment preference given to US Citizens, although we will employ those independently eligible to work in the United States. Only in rare circumstances will we sponsor a work Visa.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We don’t like job hoppers and are looking for a candidate that’s willing to invest in a future with our company. Accordingly, candidates with a track record of lengthy tenure with current and previous jobs are preferred.
What we offer
- “Family” Style Company Culture
- Business Casual Work Attire
- Gorgeous Office Minutes from The Beach
- Generously Appointed Kitchen Stocked with Snacks & Beverages
- Career Development and Mentoring
- Company Subsidized Health Insurance
- IRA Retirement Plans – Company Match Offered
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Corporate Holidays
What to expect
The interview process for successful candidates will be a phone interview followed by a virtual interview, with a final in-person interview in our Carlsbad, CA (or other local) office. References will be requested.
The legal stuff
This position is open to U.S. Citizens; work authorization sponsorship is not available at this time. GLDS does not accept unsolicited resumes and/or services from agencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GLDS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.